- Macroom Flower & Garden Club hosts a floral demonstration with Helen Cusack AOIFA entitled ‘Hidden Gems of Autumn including ideas for wedding flowers’ on Thursday, September 12, at Coolcower House, at 8pm. New members and visitors welcome. Plant sales, table and club competitions. Further details 087-982 1708.
- National Flower Festival ‘Splendour in Flowers and Stone’ takes place at St Colman’s Cathedral, Cobh, on Saturday, September 28, 11am-5pm and Sunday, September 29, 1pm-4.30pm. Concert featuring Amanda Neri on September 28 in St Colman’s Cathedral at 8pm. Concert tickets €15, available on the night or pre book with Margaret 087-798 7775 or Noreen 086-364 2564. Supporting Pieta House.
- Clonakilty Flower Club AGM will be held on Monday, September 9, at 8pm, at Fernhill House Hotel.
- Cork Garden Club hosts a talk by Assumpta Broomfield on ‘Historical Irish and Miniature Daffodils’ on Thursday, September 12, at 8pm at Nemo Rangers, South Douglas Road, Cork.
- Youghal Flower & Garden Club will hold a gala flower demonstration by Malcom Kitt at the Walter Raleigh Hotel, Youghal, on Wednesday, September 11, at 8pm in aid of Pieta House. Admission €12 including light refreshments.
- Kinsale Garden & Flower Club hosts a demonstration by Siobhan McInerney AOIFA on Thursday, September 12, at St Multose Hall at 8pm.
- Carrigtwohill Flower & Garden Club will host a talk on autumn gardening by Margaret Coughlan (of Ballymaloe) on Tuesday, September 10, at 8pm in Carrigtwohill Community Hall. €5, including refreshments and raffle. All welcome.
- Kanturk Flower & Garden Club meet on Wednesday, September 11, at 8pm in The Temperance Hall, Strand Street, (next to Alley Bar), Kanturk, with guest speaker Sheelagh Crean, of Atkins Garden Centre. Sheelagh will talk on ‘Winter Preparation in the Garden’. €5, with refreshments.
- Innishannon Flower & Garden Club holds a meeting on Wednesday, September 11, at 7.30pm in DJ Murphy’s Garden Centre, Bandon. DJ will speak about autumn gardening/planting, bulbs, containers etc. Please bring your own stool/fold-up chair.
Email events and notices to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any photographs to share from your event, feel free to send them in to us as well.