GAME ON: Take fitness fashion in your stride with kit you can count on, says Annmarie O’Connor.
Workout wardrobe looking a bit out of shape? Don’t sweat it.
The key to keeping your new year, new you resolution is comfort and confidence.
Whether a waterproof tote, splashproof headphones or impact-friendly trainers, finding pieces that go the distance make the difference between sticking it out and packing in that gym membership.
No hiking up leggings in between squats, rescuing perspiration drops from your eyes or feeling the chill when out on a run; just a set second-skin reliables that work as hard as you do.
1. Camo sports bra top, New Look, €14.99
2. Camo leggings, New Look, €22.99
3. Nike Pro mesh tank, Net-a-Porter, €63
4. Asos Design metallic shorts, Asos, €34
5. African yoga headband, FitNorthwest @ Etsy, €5.64
6. Packable tote, Arket, €29
Get ahead of the game with our gear bag essentials.
1. Steel sports bottle, Penneys, €8
2. Sony WI-SP500 wireless IPX4 splash-proof sports headphones, Littlewoods Ireland, €109.99
3. Core down hooded jacket, Superdry, €124.99
Make your exercise routine a fussfree ritual with a set of wireless headphones. Motivate yourself to music with open type drivers that let you hear your surroundings while on your jog. The best bit? Freedomto move without strapping a phone to your arm.
Like the great outdoors? Exercise climate control with down padded outerwear that provides insulation against the elements without the attendant bulk
If plastic isn’t your idea of fantastic, try quenching your thirst with a stainless-steel water bottle for a safe and environmentally friendly alternative.
Tired of the same black leggings?
Look to spring/summer 19 for fluro contrast stripes and contrasting baselayers or layer with metallic shorts for a new spin on your old gear.