At the beginning of lockdown, retailers reported that sales of certain items rose as people began to settle in to life spent largely indoors.
Yoga mats, beard trimmers and loungewear all flew off the digital shelves in April, and as restrictions start to lift across the world, stats show more people than usual have been stocking up on sexy underwear too.
Missguided have reported a 300% rise in lingerie sales compared to the same time last year with black lace pieces proving popular, while underwear brand Pour Moi says sales of sexy styles have gone up by 30% during lockdown.
View this post on Instagram
💛 The Mood Boosters 💛 We could all do with a little pick-me-up right now... so we've selected our Top 10 mood-boosting styles to hopefully put a smile on your face 😊. Whether it's a treat for yourself or someone you love, we hope these gorgeous pieces spark some joy 💁♀️ #pourmoiloves #teampourmoi #lingerie #moodbooster #tuesdaymood #style #love #sparkjoy
The spike in the sales of intimates could be down to couples having more time together at home, or others who’ve been forced to keep apart getting creative with selfies to send to their parter – or those looking ahead to a reunion when further restrictions lift.
Whatever the reason, if it’s lingerie you’re after we’ve got you covered – or should that be uncovered? There are lots of sexy sets, lacy bodysuits and pretty pastel separates available now.
Here are seven of the most seductive lingerie buys for lockdown and beyond…
1. Bluebella Selmar Bra, €31.79, Figleaves
2. Marks and Spencer Collection Embroidered Mesh Underwired Balcony Bra, €24; Embroidered Mesh High Leg Knickers, €11
3. Missguided Black Sheer Stripe Lace Bodysuit, €34.99
4. No. 1 Jenny Packham Red Floral Lace Thong, reduced to €10.50, Debenhams
5. Pour Moi Opulence Underwired Body, €48.60
6. Topshop Dusty Pink Recycled Underwire Bra, €22
7. Fantasie Impression Brief, €14.13, Figleaves