The Favourite star’s make-up artist reveals all.
Rachel Weisz always looks radiant on the red carpet, and she shone brighter than ever picking up the Best Supporting Actress Bafta for her role opposite Best Actress winner Olivia Colman, in The Favourite.
The 48-year-old chose a white tiered Gucci gown with a bejewelled belt for the occasion, her wavy brunette locks and berry-hued lips setting off the floaty frock beautifully.
Which is exactly what Kay Montano, Weisz’s make-up artist, intended.
“I wanted to create an impactful look but without any heaviness,” said Montano. “One that enhanced Rachel’s features and beautiful skin, as well as complementing the romance of her Gucci evening dress.”
How did she do it? By focusing on glowing skin, a soft smoky eye and that ravishing pink lip, using products by luxury beauty brand Chantecaille.
Want to try the look yourself? Well, you’re in luck, because Montano has given us a full breakdown of all the products and techniques she used, from foundation to lippie. Here’s how she did it…
1. Just Skin Tinted Moisturiser (£64) in Alabaster was applied all over the face for a soft and dewy finish.
2. To conceal and neutralise any redness, Future Skin Foundation (£63) in Vanilla was applied where heavier coverage was needed.
3. To highlight, Liquid Lumiere Anti Aging Illuminator (£36) in Sheen was applied on the highest point’s of Weisz’s cheekbones, followed by Philanthropy Cheek Shade (£35) in the golden coral Emotion Bee.
4. To finish, HD Perfecting Powder (£64) was dusted all over the face for a soft finish that “allowed a dewiness to stay throughout Rachel’s complexion.”
1. Liquid Lumiere in Sheen was used again on the eyes, for its metallic effect, which Montano says works beautifully with a darker lip, and “keeps eyes fresh, which works with such a light and effortless gown.”
2. Next, Mermaid Eye Colour (£29) in Triton, a warm silvery grey, was dotted at the inner corners of the eyes.
3. To set Weisz’s brows, Full Brow Perfecting Gel (£34) in Dark was brushed through.
4. Liquid eyeliner Le Stylo Ultra Slim (£28) in Black was used on the upper lid only, followed by lashings of Faux Cils Mascara (£36).
1. To amplify and complete Weisz’s romatic look, Lip Definer (£21) in Tone, a soft pinkish brown, was used all over the lips as a liner and base colour.
2. To create a lip stain, Lip Veil (£38) in Elderberry, a merlot shade with a velvet finish, was applied on top.
- Press Association