A teenager allegedly involved in a burglary where a woman was told her fingers would be chopped off has been refused bail.
The 16-year-old is the second youth to be charged in connection with the robbery at a house in West Dublin on Tuesday morning last week.
The court heard the woman was at home with her 10-year-old son on Tuesday morning last week when she heard a loud bang on the door before 8am.
When she went to answer it, five males forced their way in to the house, dragged her into the kitchen and demanded money.
In front of her 10-year-old son, they threatened her with a meat clever and a steak knife. They also told her they would chop her fingers off and take her son.
The gang made off in her BMW with more than €30,000 and an iPad.
One teenager was charged last week while today a 16-year-old appeared in court accused of aggravated burglary and travelling in a stolen car.
He has not been named due to his age, but has been refused bail because of the seriousness of the charges.