Tit Bonhomme inquest enters second day

Tit Bonhomme inquest enters second day

An inquest into the deaths of five fishermen when their trawler sank off the West Cork coast last year continues today.

Yesterday, the sole survivor of the Tit Bonhomme fishing tragedy gave evidence about the night of the ill-fated voyage.

Abdelbaky Mohamed's five crewmates, including the trawler's skipper, died when it sank in Glandore Harbour on January 15, 2012.

Two emergency calls made from the French registered vessel were also played in court yesterday.


More in this Section

Jail for rape and abuse of brother: 'He became my biggest villain'- victimJail for rape and abuse of brother: 'He became my biggest villain'- victim

Irish man on Europol’s most wanted listIrish man on Europol’s most wanted list

Gardaí have taken 200 statements in Santina Cawley inquiryGardaí have taken 200 statements in Santina Cawley inquiry

'Not of Christian origin': Bishop of Waterford writes to schools criticising yoga in the classroom'Not of Christian origin': Bishop of Waterford writes to schools criticising yoga in the classroom


Lifestyle

These are the nail hues to choose this season, says Katie Wright.Perfectly polished: 5 autumn/winter nail trends you’ll actually want to wear

This early 19th-century table is one of a number of Irish lots at Sotheby’s Style, Furniture and Ceramics sale in New York on Thursday (October 24).Irish lots poised to add bite to Big Apple sale

Something for all at Hegarty’s auction in Bandon, says Des O’SullivanSomething for all at Hegarty’s auction in Bandon

Des O’Sullivan gives a preview of the Irish selection on offer at two sales in DublinPreview of the Irish selection on offer at two sales in Dublin

More From The Irish Examiner