Eleven food business have been given closure notices by the Food Safety Authority of Ireland (FSAI) during the month of August.
The enforcement orders were issued by environemental health officers in the HSE.
Seven closure orders were served under the FSAI act, 1988 to:
- Spar delicatessen and food preparation area, Old Cratloe Road, Caherdavin, Limerick
- Casa De Burritos, Unit C, Woodquay, Ennis, Clare
- Trendz Longford food stall, Lough Lene, Collinstown, Westmeath
- Ocean Chinese Takeaway, 74 Upper Yellow Road, Waterford
- Camden Halal butcher, 24 Camden Street Lower, Dublin 2
- Sakura Sushi restaurant, 157 Kimmage Road Lower, Dublin 6W
- Spice Bazaar grocery, Unit 2, Castle Shopping Centre, Swords, Co Dublin.
Four closure orders were served under the EC regulations, 2010 to:
- Javs Take Away, 16 South Main Street, Youghal, Cork
- Namaste India takeaway, 88 North King Street, Dublin 7
- Loughbeg Farm Foods Limited bakery, Boleagh Food Unit, Boleagh, Ballydehop, Cork
- Brennan's Butchers, 8 Dublin Street, Carlow.