• The promoter and data controller is the Irish Examiner, Assumption Road, Linn Dubh, Cork.
• The competition is open now and will close at noon on September 16, 2019.
• Competition open to students starting or currently studying a registered CAO full time agricultural course at a Republic of Ireland third-level institution.
• Prize is contingent on student having registered on the third level agricultural course. Proof of registration is to be provided
• The prize is one €2000 bursary.
• Eligible courses include:
CK412 Agricultural Science - Level 8
CK506 International Development and Food Policy - Level 8
CR006 Applied Biosciences - Level 7
CR010 Agriculture (Year 1 - 2 days in Clonakilty Agri College & 3 days in CIT) - Level 7
CR370 Agri-Biosciences - Level 8
CW027 Sustainable Farm Management and Agribusiness (Wexford) - Level 7
CW078 Sustainable Farm Management and Agribusiness (Wexford) - Level 8
DK882 Agriculture (Award options) - Level 8
DN250 Agricultural Science (options) - Level 8
DN252 Dairy Business - Level 8
DN253 Agri - Environmental Sciences - Level 8
DN272 Horticulture, Landscape and Sportsturf Management - Level 8
GA172 Rural Enterprise and Agri-Business - Mountbellew Campus - Level 7
GA187 Rural Enterprise and Agri-Business (Mountbellew Campus) - Level 8
GA675 Agricultural Engineering - Level 7
GA683 Agricultural Engineering - Level 8
GA777 Agriculture and Environmental Management - Mountbellew Campus - Level 7
GA789 Agriculture and Environmental Management (Mountbellew Campus) - Level 8
LC284 Agricultural Mechanisation at Salesian Agricultural College,Pallaskenry - Level 6
LC428 Environmental Management in Agriculture (Thurles) - Level 7
LC434 Environmental Management in Agriculture (Thurles) - Level 8
LY828 Agriculture (Common Entry) - Level 8
LY877 Agriculture - Level 7
TL744 Agricultural Engineering - Level 7
TL748 Agricultural Science - Level 7
TL758 Animal Bioscience - Level 7
TL844 Agricultural Engineering - Level 8
TL848 Agricultural Science - Level 8
WD126 Agriculture - Level 7
WD191 Agricultural Science - Level 8
• The promoter will have no responsibility for insurance. The winner is solely responsible for all insurance, applicable taxes and for any costs, expenses and charges not included in the prize description as well as their own passport. This may include travel and/or health insurance and any visa arrangements that may be required.
• Any prize is as stated in any messaging or promotions advertising such competition. No cash or other alternative will be offered and prizes are non-transferable. The promoter retains the right to substitute the prize with another prize of similar value in the event the original prize offered is not available.
• Employees or agents of the Irish Examiner, any associated group companies, prize sponsor and or agencies associated with this competition and their immediate families are ineligible to enter. Any such entries will be invalid.
• Entry to the competition is free. No purchase is necessary.
• A valid entry consists of the name of the course you have been accepted to as well as 100 words on why you have chosen the agricultural course, accompanied by the entrant's name, email address, postal address and mobile telephone number.
• Entries must be entered online in the form.
• An independent judge will pick the winning entries at random from valid entries received. The decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
• The winner will be contacted within two weeks of the competition closing date.
• The winner's details will be posted on irishexaminer.com/competitions or in the newspaper after the competition has closed.
• The prize will be subject to any additional terms and conditions of the suppliers of the prize.
• The promoter is excluded from liability for any loss, damage or injury which might occur to the winner arising from his or her acceptance of the prize.
• The winner may be required to participate in unpaid promotional related publicity undertaken by the promoter or it's associated companies.
• Entry is for people of 18 years of age and over. The promoter reserves the right to require proof of age and evidence to verify the identity of an entry at any time, and may use reasonable channels and methods available to carry out checks of any details provided by entrants.
• By entering this competition you are agreeing that any submissions made become the property of the Irish Examiner.
• The promoter hereby excludes any and all liability whatsoever and howsoever arising (save for liability of the Promoter for death or injury to any of the entrants as a result of the promoter’s negligence or the negligence of the promoter’s employees or agents) in respect of all eventualities that may arise as a result of the entrants’s participation in the competition and the entrants hereby agree and accept that they shall enter the competition at their own risk and under their own volition without any recourse to the promoter of any kind whatsoever save as provided herein.
• Entry to this promotion shall be deemed full and unconditional acceptance of the terms & conditions.
• The promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions.
• These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Ireland and subject to the jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
• The promoter shall not be liable for any failure to stage the competition on the date provided in these terms and conditions as a result of circumstances outside the promoter’s control including, but not limited to, acts of God, war, riots, explosion, abnormal weather conditions, fire, flood, Government action, strikes, lockouts, delay by third parties, accidents and shortages of materials, labour or facilities.
• No responsibility is taken for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt.