Sean Fitzpatrick’s application for judicial review has been set for next Friday.
The former Anglo chairman is seeking to overturn the decision by Judge Martin Nolan a fortnight ago not to postpone his trial due to negative publicity.
In the High Court this morning counsel for the DPP asked that reporting restrictions be put in place for next week.
Paul O’Higgins said he was concerned that nothing should be reported from the substance of Mr Fitzpatrick’s trial, in the absence of the jury.
Bernard Condon for Mr Fitzpatrick said his client had already suffered a deluge of bad publicity and acknowledged that the court could not control Twitter.
Sean Fitzpatrick’s trial is due to start in October, the 66-year-old has pleaded not guilty to 27 offences under the 1990 Companies Act.