McGregor guilty of disorderly conduct; no jail time and other charges dismissed

Update 2.50pm: A US court has dismissed all felony counts against Conor McGregor in respect of an incident before a UFC event in April.

(MMA) star Conor McGregor has pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct in exchange for community service to resolve charges stemming from a back-stage melee at a New York arena.

McGregor will also be evaluated for an anger management programme in addition to his five days of community service.

Conr McGregor leaving Brooklyn Criminal Court today. Photo: TIMOTHY A. CLARY/AFP/Getty Images

The 30-year-old Irish MMA fighter was joined today in a Brooklyn court by his 25-year-old friend and co-defendant Cian Cowley, who got three days of community service and an anger management course.

Video showed what appeared to be McGregor hurling an object at a bus full of fighters after a news conference for the UFC 223 event at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center in April.

Two fighters hurt by broken glass were unable to compete.

McGregor has paid to fix the damaged bus.

Earlier: Conor McGregor due back before US court today

Conor McGregor is due back before a US court today.

The Dubliner was charged with assault and criminal mischief, after an incident before a UFC event in April.

The charges relate to an attack on a bus before UFC 223 on April 5, during which two fighters were injured.

After the incident, Conor McGregor handed himself into police, was charged and then released on bail.

Last month he attended a brief court hearing in New York during which the court was told a plea was being negotiated.

After that hearing, he spoke outside the court where he expressed regret for his actions.

- Digital Desk and PA


Related Articles

Conor McGregor eyeing MMA bout with Japanese fighter beaten by Floyd Mayweather

McGregor and Nurmagomedov have suspensions extended – reports

Conor McGregor breaks down ‘fair and square’ defeat to Khabib Nurmagomedov

Nurmagomedov lays down a challenge to Mayweather

More in this Section

Footballer Jay Donnelly’s appeal against indecent image sentence adjourned

'Excruciatingly embarrassing' Garda Commissioner press conference was too long, says former Garda

'Take a day off work or school' to see total eclipse of the Moon, says Astronomy Ireland founder

Standards body to bring in new wiring rules for electricians by end of year


Lifestyle

Trend of the week: A salute to simplicity

Louis Vuitton debuted fibre-optic bags and the internet is obsessed

A strange stripe of super-star with daringly uncommercial music

From the Eiffel Tower to the Berlin Wall: The anniversaries to travel for in 2019

More From The Irish Examiner