A Dublin court has ordered a man wanted in connection with an alleged sex attack on a woman in England to surrender himself to the UK authorities.
The man, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was arrested last year on foot of a European Arrest Warrant issued by the British authorities.
His extradition was sought on charges of sexual assault and assault causing harm to a woman.
The alleged incident is said to have occurred at a house in Swindon, Wiltshire in England during the night and early hours of the morning of December 20 and December 21, 2013.
If convicted, the man could face a life sentence.
At today's High Court sitting in Dublin, Ms Justice Aileen Donnelly ordered that the man be extradited to the UK.
The man's defence counsel, Anne-Marie Lawlor BL, had objected to his extradition.
Delivering her judgement, Ms Justice Donnelly said there was "no valid objection" to surrendering the man and she made the extradition order, which does not take effect for 15 days.
After the order was made, the court heard that the man, who was on bail, wanted to apply for continuing bail, until the order comes into effect.
Giving evidence, he told the court that he was a native of Ireland who, at the time of the alleged offences, had been living in England for 12 years.
The man was questioned by British police about the alleged offences in February, 2014, the court heard.
That June, he returned to Ireland to look after his parents, he told the court.
Ms Justice Donnelly granted the man bail on an independent surety of €5,000 and his own bond of €2,000.