A man died of toxic poisoning after coming into contact with a substance used in the production of agricultural chemicals, an inquest heard.
Olaleken Douda of Griffen Glen Chase, Lucan, Co Dublin died on November 9, 2016.
The 44 year old man was treated at the Maple Ward in Connolly Hospital in Blanchardstown, Dublin where he died at 4.44am.
The cause of death was due to the toxic effects of methylamine on the man's central nervous system, according to a postmortem report carried out by pathologist Dr Eamon Leen.
An inquest into his death opened at Dublin Coroner’s Court was adjourned as Gardaí continue to investigate the circumstances surrounding his death. The man was identified in hospital following his death by his brother Isiaka Olaniyi, who was not present in court as he is currently outside the country.
Coroner Dr Myra Cullinane heard that a garda liaison officer is dealing with family members who are being kept informed of proceedings.
Inspector Gerard Meally of Lucan Garda Station sought a six month adjournment of the inquest.
“We would ask for a six month adjournment of the inquest to allow for further investigation with regard to the circumstances surrounding the death,” Insp Meally said.
A file is to sent to the Director of Public Prosecutions, the garda said and gardaí are continuing to liaise with the dead man’s partner and brother.
Coroner Dr Myra Cullinane adjourned the inquest until November 14.