Update - 5.50pm: Ian Bailey's solicitor says his client has not been contacted by French authorities.
It follows reports that Mr Bailey is to face criminal proceedings in connection with the death of Sophie Toscan du Plantier.
Ian Bailey's solicitor, Frank Buttimer, said: "Mr Bailey received media reports today to the effect that there is now intended to be some form of criminal proceeding against him in France with regards to the murder of Sophie Tuscan du Plantier.
"That is media information only and he is responding to that.
"His actual response is that he has been wrongly associated with the unlawful killing of Madam du Plantier for 20 years and this is the latest chapter in a long saga."
Earlier: It is being reported by French media that authorities there have issued an arrest warrant for Ian Bailey in connection with the death of Sophie Toscan du Plantier.
Broadcaster France Inter say Mr Bailey has been indicted with her murder in west Cork on December 23, 1996, after the warrant was sent to Irish authorities.
Mr Bailey has been arrested twice in connection with the 39-year-old film producer's murder but was never charged.
A request to extradite Mr Bailey to France had been rejected by the Supreme Court in 2011.
He subsequently sued the State and An Garda Siochana for wrongful arrest and conspiracy, but lost his High Court action in March 2015.