Gardaí in west Dublin have today issued a warning after medical supplies were stolen from a car.
A cleaning agent called Virugel, some of which was in the form of a white powder, could be harmful if ingested.
Gardaí issued the alert last night after it emerged the substance was stolen from a car on the Naas road sometime between midday and 1pm yesterday.
There were 10 labelled bottles and also 20 clear unmarked 10-gram bags of the agent in white powder form.
The 10 bottles had been contained in a box.
The product is not intended for consumption and could be extremely harmful if ingested.
Gardaí say their priority in this case is the safety and well-being of the public, and they are urging anyone who may have information about the whereabouts of the substance to contact them.