Former Presidential candidate Seán Gallagher is to issue a statement later this morning over reports concerning the Presidential Frontline debate which was the subject of a ruling against RTE by the Broadcasting Authority of Ireland.
It is widely believed that a tweet, wrongly attributed to the Martin McGuinness campaign, derailed Mr Gallagher's campaign for the presidency.
The tweet in question was broadcast during the 'Frontline' Presidential Programme last October.
Presenter Pat Kenny incorrectly referenced the tweet as being from the official account of Martin McGuinness.
Last week, the BAI upheld Sean Gallagher's complaint and found that the broadcasting of it was unfair.
Today's Sunday Independent reports that a member of Frontline's audience was given a prepared question to ask Mr Gallagher.
Pat McGuirk is interviewed in the paper and he said he believes that the question was an attempt to "gun down" the Independent candidate.
The BAI found there was no attempt by RTE to deliberately construct the programme in a manner that lacked objectivity.
However, Minister for Communications Pat Rabbitte said broadcasters must put protocols in place to deal with social media sources.