Former Anglo Irish Bank chairman Sean FitzPatrick will likely not stand trial until the end of 2014 on charges of failing to make disclosures to the bank's auditors about loans he received.
The 64-year-old is facing a total of 12 charges in connection with financial irregularities at the bank over a six-year period.
He has yet to enter a plea.
Mr FitzPatrick appeared at Dublin Circuit Criminal Court today for the first time on these charges after been sent forward from the District Court earlier this month.
Judge Mary Ellen was told that Mr FitzPatrick is "ultimately" likely to take a trial date.
She told the court that his will probably be towards the end of 2014.
This is so a period of "fade" can take place following the accused’s trial on separate matters in early 2014.
Prosecuting counsel Una Ni Raifeartaigh SC said some disclosure has taken place but that there is more to be done. She asked for seven or eight weeks so it can be completed.
Judge Ring adjourned the case until July 8, 2013 for a progress update. She excused Mr FitzPatrick from attending on that date following a defence request.
In the District Court earlier this month Mr FitzPatrick of Camaderry, Whitshed Road, Greystones, Co Wicklow was charged under Section 197 of the Companies Act 1990.
He faces 12 counts of failing to disclose to auditors Ernst & Young the true value of loans worth at least €139m given to him or people connected to him, by Irish Nationwide Building Society from 2002 to 2007 while he was an officer of the bank.