Talks aimed at ending the standoff over temporary accommodation for survivors of the Carrickmines fire are taking place in Dublin this morning.
Residents of Rockville Drive have blockaded land set aside for a temporary halting site since Tuesday.
Ten people died in Saturday’s blaze, and Tánaiste Joan Burton said she was hopeful an agreement could be reached on accommodating the survivors.
This is the third day of meetings between the residents and Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council since the blockade began on Tuesday.
In a statement yesterday, the residents said they had been subjected to "unfair criticism" for their actions. They also expressed their sympathies to the families of the five adults and five children who died in the fire.
However, they said they were reluctant to allow the four mobile homes onto the land at the end of their cul de sac, pointing out the original halting site built eight years ago was also meant to be temporary.
The Council said it would work to address their concerns.
Meanwhile, speaking this morning the Tánaiste Joan Burton said she was very confident the survivors of the fire would be given suitable accommodation.