People are being warned to dispose of their waste carefully, after a baby hedgehog became entangled in plastic netting.
Harry the Hoglet was spotted by a member of the public in Drogheda, County Louth, with a piece of gardening netting embedded into his chest.
He would have starved to death if he hadn't been rescued and treated by vets.
Dr Andrew Kelly of the ISPCA says Harry will be fully better and ready to go back into the wild soon.
"Harry is doing very well, he's recovering from the wounds he received from the plastic netting which was wrapped really tightly around him," said Dr Kelly.
"He's eating really well, he's putting on weight and we are hopeful that he will be ready to be released within the next week or so."
— OSF (@oxfordsf) August 2, 2015