Sinn Féin President Gerry Adams has described the refusal of the British government to release all of the files in its possession on the Dublin Monaghan bombs as “wholly unacceptable”.
Taoiseach Enda Kenny told the Dáil today that the information already supplied by the British government 1974 bomb attacks is all that will be forthcoming.
"It is claimed by the British that they have already released those files they thought appropriate and do not intend to release any other files on the bombings they have in their possession," Deputy Adams said.
“Much was said last week by both governments, following the visit of the Queen of England, that the political relationship between this state and Britain had been transformed.
"If that is true then the British Prime Minister, as a good neighbour, should respond positively to the request by all of the parties in the Dáil to that information being made available so that victims and families can have closure."
Thirty-four people, including an unborn baby, died on May 17, 1974, in two bomb attacks - leading to the greatest loss of life in a single day of the Troubles.
The Barron report into the bombings, published in 2003, found that they were carried out by loyalist paramilitaries.
It said there were grounds for suspecting the bombers may have had assistance from members of the security forces, but this was not proven.