Workers at one of Ireland's 999 call centres will go on strike today.
The operators at the facility in Navan are taking the 12-hour action in a long-standing row over pay and conditions.
Today's strike follows a previous stoppage in February. Patients requiring emergency services today will not be affected by the action.
Unions involved in the row say they want every member of staff to be given a living wage of €11.50, an increase of 50c per hour for some.
Ian McArdle of the Communications Workers Union says Conduit could have avoided the strike.
"The action is taking place at the Navan 99 centre because the workers want to be paid the living wage, and their employer Conduit has refused to (do that).
"In addition, Conduit has refused to attend a conciliation hearing at the request of the Workplace Relations Commission."
He suggested binding arbitration should now be considered in the row.
The union said today's action in Navan will be followed by a month of industrial action from tomorrow to May 6 by operators in three 999 centres at Dublin, Navan and Ballyshannon, who will withdraw from extra duties outside of their employment contracts.
Conduit said: "No operator is on less than the ‘living wage’ and as well as the 10% pay increase announced in November 2015, a further ‘on-call’ payment has been agreed directly with staff in the last week."