A 15-year-old boy has been sent forward for trial to the Central Criminal Court accused of murder in connection with the fatal Halloween stabbing of a man in Dublin.
The boy, who cannot be named because he is a minor, is accused of the murder of Lorcan O'Reilly (aged 21) last year.
He was aged 14 at the time of Mr O'Reilly's death.
Mr O'Reilly, from Robert Emmet Close in south inner city Dublin, was stabbed in the nearby Oliver Bond flat complex in the early hours of November 1 last year.
The incident happened at approximately 2.30am when he had been at Halloween festivities with friends.
He sustained a single stab wound to the heart and was rushed to St James's Hospital but was pronounced dead a short time later.
The youth appeared at the Dublin Children's Court today when a book of evidence was served on him.
Judge John O'Connor told the teenager, who was accompanied to court by his mother and another relative as well as his solicitor John Quinn, that he was being returned for trial to appear during the current term of the Central Criminal Court.
The teen was warned that he must inform the prosecution within 14 days if he intended to use an alibi in his defence. Legal aid to include representation of senior counsel was granted.
The boy, who remained silent, made no reply when he was originally charged in April and has not yet entered a plea.
Detectives had arrested the 15-year-old boy on March 31 and detained him at a Dublin Garda Station.
On April 1, he was remanded in custody by the Dublin Children's Court but he was granted High Court bail the following week.
Judge O'Connor has already warned the teenager that he must obey the bail terms or he could be remanded in custody.
His bail required an independent surety in the sum of €6,000. The teenager must sign on daily at his local garda station, obey a nightly curfew and he has surrendered his passport which must remain in the possession of gardaí.
Judge O'Connor had also told the teen he has to have a charged mobile phone with him and be available to answer calls from gardaí.
The teenage defendant's identity cannot be revealed because he is aged under 18, a minor who has a right to anonymity.
During his first hearing on April 1, Det Sergeant Adrian Whitelaw had said that after the boy was cautioned and charged “he had nothing to say”.
Last month Judge O'Connor had told a solicitor for the DPP that he would take a “dim view” if there were any more delays in serving the book of evidence.