It’s safe to say the entire nation was tucked up on the couch last night escaping the horrendous weather and glued to the season premiere of Love/Hate - which of course didn’t disappoint.
But just in case you missed it here’s what you need to know.
1. You do NOT bring up nits as a casual topic of conversation in the pub.
Lesson learnt, NEVER ask someone if their young fella has "the nits" never. #lovehate— Ingrid Hoey (@Ingridhoey) October 5, 2014
2. Though an easy cure for the head lice is a simple number 1 all over.
No nits have been harmed in the making of this programme #lovehate— sinead kivlehan (@shinners152) October 5, 2014
3. There’s still hope for Tommy, although concerns arise as to whether he got his fizzy orange yet.
Well that was a complete anti-climax - and neither bite nor sup of a fizzy orange for poor ould Tommy #lovehate— Sinéad Murphy (@Shinners17) October 5, 2014
I wonder did the doctors try injecting Tommy right in the heart with some fizzy orange? #lovehate— Daniiiiiiiiiii (@ThatFOBFan) October 5, 2014
So it's a full year on and I've still no idea whether Tommy got his fizzy orange or not. #lovehate— John Doherty (@Doc2960) October 5, 2014
4. We were introduced to Tommy ‘Big Balls’ and nephew Paulie.
Though you might remember him from such adverts as:
Is Paulie that fella off the mcdonalds ads? 😳 #lovehate— Melanie McCabe (@MelanieMcCabe) October 5, 2014
5. Siobhan took “few naggins be grand” to a new level.
Two naggins in the handbag, maith an cailin Siobhan! #LoveHate— Deborah Mulvey (@DeborahMulvey) October 5, 2014
Though we couldn’t help but notice she looks a bit different from last season.
6. Fran got new teeth …. for free!
7. This song will never EVER be the same.
But to summarize this fan has it in one.
Hits and nits all over the gaff #lovehate— leona mc mahon (@yonamcmahon) October 5, 2014
Still havn’t seen it? What are you waiting for? Get on RTÉ Player this instant!
More than 900,000 people tuned into watch it last night, a 56% share of the audience at that time.
There are six episodes in this series which will finish on November 9.