Actor Val Kilmer has denied he has cancer after his friend and former co-star Michael Douglas claimed he was unwell.
Val told fans that Michael had been “misinformed” about his condition, adding in a post on his official Facebook page that he has not spoken to the star for nearly two years.
Michael, 72, was discussing working with Val during an evening in conversation with Jonathan Ross at London’s Drury Lane Theatre on Sunday when he said that “things don’t look too good for him”.
Michael, who was diagnosed with tongue cancer in 2010 and was given the all-clear the following year, said his friend was “dealing with exactly what I had”.
He added: “My prayers are with him. That’s why you haven’t heard too much from Val lately.”
But Val, 56, who worked with Douglas on the 1996 film The Ghost And The Darkness, assured fans in a lengthy Facebook post that he is not suffering from cancer.
He added: “I hope this puts to rest any further concerns about my health by publications that have no respect for the truth.
“Whatever led Michael Douglas to speculate about my health, he’s a loving and devoted friend to a privileged group of talented people around the world, and I’m sure he meant no harm.”
The Batman Forever star challenged fans who thought he was “fibbing” to “come see me live and happy in person”.
Earlier this year Val was forced to deny several times while replying to fans on his official Facebook page that he was battling cancer, after numerous reports claimed otherwise.
He told fans he was “healed of a tumour in a matter of days” last year and had “no cancer”.