Studio fire was accident

Studio fire was accident

A fire that ripped through the heart of Universal Studios in Hollywood on Sunday was an accident, fire chiefs have ruled.

Los Angeles County Fire Chief P. Michael Freeman says the blaze was accidentally sparked by workers using heating tools on a film set.

The fire destroyed a 'King Kong' exhibit and the set from the 'Back To The Future' movies.

It's the second blaze at Universal Studios in 18 years. The last one, in 1990, was started by a security guard and caused $25m worth of damage.

More in this Section

David Walliams recalls Judy Finnigan’s bra blunder as he accepts NTA in pantsDavid Walliams recalls Judy Finnigan’s bra blunder as he accepts NTA in pants

The Volunteer scoops 2019 Costa Book of the Year awardThe Volunteer scoops 2019 Costa Book of the Year award

In Pictures: TV stars switch on the glamour for NTA red carpetIn Pictures: TV stars switch on the glamour for NTA red carpet

Ruth Jones addresses Gavin And Stacey success on NTAs red carpetRuth Jones addresses Gavin And Stacey success on NTAs red carpet


Lifestyle

The benefits of cutting down on booze can last way beyond the new year. Lauren Taylor finds out more about strategies to help make the change stick.Beyond Dry January: Is it time to reassess our relationship with alcohol in the longer term?

More From The Irish Examiner