Man files papers to dismiss charges against Travolta

Man files papers to dismiss charges against Travolta

A man who filed sexual battery charges against John Travolta has filed papers to dismiss the case.

The masseur - who has been named only as John Doe #1 - had originally accused the actor of assaulting him on January 16 at the Beverly Hills hotel but made an application in California this morning to have the lawsuit dismissed.

A second masseur - known as John Doe #2 - is still pursuing his claim, which alleges the 'Pulp Fiction' star sexually assaulted him in an Atlanta hotel.

The second man's lawyer, Okorie Okorocha - who had dropped the first masseur as a client when he claimed he had the date of the alleged assault wrong after Travolta was able to prove he was elsewhere - insists he intends to pursue the allegation as far as possible.

The lawyer told the New York Daily News newspaper:

“Believe me, he’s not going anywhere. He was really traumatised by this.

“He went to the doctor for anxiety. This is somebody in the south, not Beverly Hills. When a brother is going to the doctor for anxiety, it has to be pretty bad.”

John's lawyer has denied the allegations against him, including the claims of a third man, Chilean-born Fabian Zanzi who alleged the actor "hugged" him, asked for a massage and offered him money while Fabian was working on the Royal Caribbean cruise ship in 2009.

Fabian - who was in charge of taking care of VIP guests on the boat - has said that he refused John's offer.


More in this Section

Woody Allen: I don’t feel vindicated by recent film successWoody Allen: I don’t feel vindicated by recent film success

Conductor discusses impact of child sexual abuse with Desert Island Discs hostConductor discusses impact of child sexual abuse with Desert Island Discs host

Stacey Solomon celebrates son’s first birthdayStacey Solomon celebrates son’s first birthday

Britain’s Got Talent judges wowed by straw playerBritain’s Got Talent judges wowed by straw player


Lifestyle

Last week, I wrote about 'small is beautiful' as a key to an improved environment for all living things after this Covid crisis is finally over. As I wrote, I saw, in the mind's eye, the village where I live in west Cork and from which my wife and I are temporarily exiled.Damien Enright: Community spirit can ensure we pull through - together

Fifty years ago, a fox was spotted in Dublin’s St. Stephen’s Green. The unfortunate animal was chased by local ‘gurriers’. It took refuge in a tree but was promptly stoned to death.Richard Collins: Wildlife taking back the streets of our cities

The north pier on Cape Clear has been eerily quiet these last few months as no visitors disembark. The ferry is not unloading boatloads of tourists from Baltimore, 45 minutes away, or from Schull, as it would normally.The Islands of Ireland: Cape Clear tells its side of the story

If the Donegal postman and amateur weather forecaster has it right, we could be in for water shortages in the coming months. Michael Gallagher, who predicted the scorching summer of 2018 and the 2010 freeze-up, says we’ll have a ‘lovely’ summer.Donal Hickey: Demand for water to soar

More From The Irish Examiner