Logan Paul makes return to YouTube following ‘suicide forest’ controversy

Logan Paul makes return to YouTube following ‘suicide forest’ controversy

Logan Paul has returned to YouTube with a new suicide prevention vlog.

Yes, you read that right.

Unless you’ve been living under a rock over the last month, Logan Paul is a name that you will have heard for all the worst reasons.

The YouTube star came under fire following backlash to a controversial video in which he filmed a the corpse of a suicide victim in Japan’s Aokigahara forest.

The video sparked outrage online, and Paul later removed the video from his channel and posted two apologies in the days that followed.

On January 4, he tweeted “taking time to reflect no vlog for now see you soon,” and had been silent on the social media platform until now.

“I know I’ve made mistakes,” says Paul in his newest vlog, to background mournful piano music.

“I know I’ve let people down,” he says after spending the previous three weeks to reflect and address his actions.

The video opens with a first-person account of a suicide attempt from Kevin Hines, a man who jumped off the Golden Gate Bridge, and it features a conversation between Paul and Dr John Draper, the director of the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline.

Although Logan has been silent on the subject until today, Logan’s younger brother Jake Paul addressed the controversy briefly in a video posted January 22nd.

“It’s time to start a new chapter in my life as I continue to educate both myself and others on suicide,” Paul says in his video.

“I’m humbled and thankful to say this is just the beginning.”

It is the months that follow that will define the sincerity of his words with Paul now has more of the spotlight than ever before.

More in this Section

Ant and Dec back in the jungle as I’m A Celebrity returnsAnt and Dec back in the jungle as I’m A Celebrity returns

Harry Styles pokes fun at former One Direction band mate on US TVHarry Styles pokes fun at former One Direction band mate on US TV

Ariana Grande might cancel tour datesAriana Grande might cancel tour dates

I’m A Celebrity has something terrifying in mind for Caitlyn JennerI’m A Celebrity has something terrifying in mind for Caitlyn Jenner


Lifestyle

Kate Tempest’s Vicar Street show began with the mother of all selfie moments. The 33 year-old poet and rapper disapproves of mid-concert photography and instructed the audience to get their snap-happy impulses out of the way at the outset. What was to follow would, she promised, be intense. We should give ourselves to the here and now and leave our phones in our pockets.Kate Tempest dives deep and dark in Dublin gig

Des O'Sullivan examines the lots up for auction in Bray.A Week in Antiques: Dirty tricks and past political campaigns

Following South Africa’s deserved Rugby World Cup victory I felt it was about time that I featured some of their wines.Wine with Leslie Williams

All your food news.The Menu: Food news with Joe McNamee

More From The Irish Examiner