Lindsay Lohan will still play Linda Lovelace in ‘Inferno’.
The 24-year-old actress – who was sent to prison for the second time this year on Friday, only to be released on $300,000 (€222,503) bail the same day – continues to be “supported” by the film’s producer Chris Henley, despite rumours she is to go to rehab and possibly delay the independent film further.
He told Gossip Cop: “We continue to support Lindsay.”
Last week the movie’s director Matthew Wilder admitted he was “exasperated” by her ongoing problems.
In an email statement sent to MTV News, he said: “We love her. We want her to do well. We will make the picture shortly.”
He also confirmed he would move production of ‘Inferno’ from Louisiana to Los Angeles.
He added: “I think it will make things easier on the Lindsay front. I understand people’s exasperation. I share it. But there’s a tremendous gift underneath all the obvious baggage.”
Lohan was sent back to prison after failing a court-ordered drug test for cocaine and amphetamines, but was released after her lawyer appealed her four-week sentence.
‘Inferno’ tells the tale of 1970s adult movie star Lovelace, and is due to see Lohan play fully nude for the first time.