Former Westlife frontman Shane Filan has said he has been left ‘devastated’ by the news that the five planned Garth Brooks concerts have been cancelled.
The singer, who recently launched his solo career, had been due to support Brooks at the Saturday and Sunday shows on July 26 and 27.
Filan took to Twitter to release his thoughts on the cancellation.
Statement on Garth Brooks cancellation
Read: http://t.co/shbZZ0JKMZ— Shane Filan (@ShaneFilan) July 8, 2014
“I am so devastated that Garth Brooks has had to cancel his shows in Ireland. I am a huge fan and couldn't wait to see him perform.
“It was a dream come true when I was asked to support him,” said Filan.
“It’s a sad day for everyone in Ireland who had been looking forward to these concerts for so long.”
Irish country star Nathan Carter, who was due to be the support act on the Monday and Tuesday gigs, has yet to comment.