Lindsay Lohan has had a bench warrant issued for her arrest.
The troubled ‘Machete’ star – who recently spent time in jail and rehab for failing to comply with the terms of her probation for a 2007 driving under influence (DUI) conviction – has had her latest probation order revoked and the warrant issued after failing two court-ordered drugs tests last week.
However, it is being held until Friday at 8.30am, when the 24-year-old actress is due in court – meaning she will only be arrested if she fails to attend.
The warrant has been issued by Judge Elden Fox after Lohan was tested positive for having both cocaine and amphetamines in her system.
Lindsay’s estranged father Michael Lohan believes she will likely go back to jail because of her problems.
In a statement released by his lawyer Lisa Bloom, he said: “The judge will probably incarcerate her again, which is sad. We have the highest incarceration rate in the world because we throw our own citizens in jail for being addicts, even when they don’t hurt anyone but themselves.”
Meanwhile, Lindsay has settled a $100m (€76m) lawsuit against stock trading company E*Trade, which claimed Lindsay was a “milkaholic” in a commercial played during the 2010 Super Bowl on January 31.
The terms of the deal are confidential, but it is believed Lindsay’s team are “very happy” with the result.
Her lawyer Stephanie Ovadia said: “The case between Lindsay and E*Trade has been settled. There is no further comment.”
Lindsay’s mother Dina added: “The family is pleased that the case has been settled.”