It’s happened – there’s going to be a Taken 3. And we could not be more excited about seeing Liam Neeson in action once again.
This time he’s framed for murder, and whoever’s responsible needs to be very scared indeed. Here’s why he’s so great.
1. If you kidnap one of his family members this is what he’ll say.
2. Because he often plays SUCH wise mentors.
Think Batman Begins, Kingdom of Heaven and Gangs of New York.
3. He’s funny.
“I don’t think there’ll be a Taken 3, [My daughter] can’t get taken again. That’s just bad parenting,” he said in a radio interview after Taken 2.
4. He’s 62 and still doing action films.
5. In fact, he invented a whole new genre of “ageing action hero” which Kevin Costner, Pierce Brosnan and Denzel Washington have totally copied.
6. His character in Love Actually is possibly the coolest step-dad ever, helping young Sam pull the girl of his dreams by encouraging him to run through airport security. Even though he was about 10.
7. Liam Neeson’s voice has the grandeur of Morgan Freeman and David Attenborough put together. But Irish.
8. The above point is entirely proven in his performance as the voice of Aslan in the Chronicals of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.
9. The film he rose to fame in - Schindler’s List - is also one of his best. The film won an Oscar and Liam was nominated for a BAFTA and a Golden Globe from Best Actor.
10. He’s a single dad to his two teenage sons, since his wife Natasha died in a skiing accident in 2009.
11. He used to be a boxer, once crowned Ulster amateur boxing champion, which explains why he throws a mean punch.
12. It’s a complete travesty that he’s never played James Bond. There’s still time of course…