Have you ever accidentally taught your pet something brilliant, and kept it as their party trick? Well, you’re not alone.
Reddit user TheRoseByAnotherName posed the question to people on the website: “What’s the best thing you’ve accidentally trained a pet to do, like a behaviour that is specifically from interaction with you and couldn’t just be a quirk or learned themselves?”
Here are the best responses, which might inspire you to teach your pets some unusual tricks of their own.
1. This adorable trick.
2. A budgie with good manners.
3. This dog probably gets walked more often because of this trick.
4. A trick definitely backfired here.
5. This dog learnt a very useful trick…
6. Lipstick is code-word for these owners going out on the town.
7. This dog even learnt to spell.
8. An amazing trick with a completely unknown origin.
9. This dog is desperate for dropped food.
10. A bird was taught a vital lesson in self-love.
11. Lastly, this adorable trick has been passed down through generations.
- Press Association