The Government has allocated €18m in funding for the development of Irish fishing harbours.
The Infrastructure Capital Programme will fund safety, maintenance and development work as well as providing €2m to repair storm damage.
The money will be divided between our six fishery harbour centres at Howth, Dunmore East, Castletownbere, Dingle, Rossaveel and Killybegs.
Killybegs (pictured below) gets the largest share at €4.1m, which includes €2.5m for the development of Smooth Point Pier.
Agriculture and Marine Minister Simon Coveney said: "(The funding) provides for the continuation of this Government's strategy to develop and improve the facilities at our fishery harbours in 2016.
"(It also) prepares the groundwork for potential projects in the coming years all of which will benefit the fishing industry, seafood processing sector, other ancillary marine industries."
Where the money will be spent:
- Traffic Management Works €150,000
- East Pier Repairs €50,000
- Pontoons to west pier for ferry landings €400,000
- Engineers office €50,000
- Preparation of Dumping at Sea licence €100,000
- Provision of Berthing Face to Middle Pier €100,000
- Electric Works West Pier €300,000
- Gas Main €150,000
- Other Services (Sewers,ducting,watermains) €150,000
Total € .45m
- Harbour Office Upgrade €700,000
- West Wharf upgrade €200,000
- Breakwater (Design Report) €160,000
- Harbour Road re-surface €100,000
Total € 1.6m
- Harbour User toilet and Shower facilities €90,000
- Dinish Wharf Expansion €1m
- Harbour Slipway €40,000
- Quayside Electrical Upgrade €150,000
- Harbour Offices Upgrade €250,000
- Replacement of water network Dinish €450,000
- Dinish Bridge Survey €80,000
- CCTV €70,000
- Workshop Design ,Planning and commence works €400,000
- Capital Dredging Navigation Channel - Dumping at sea
Licence, tender preparation and preparation works €500,000
- Net mending area €100,000
Ros an Mhíl:
- Quay Development - Design, Evaluations, Consulting, EIS, Permitting and preparation works €800,000
- Small craft Harbour - Dredging €1.8m
- Repairs to Blackrock/Auction Hall Piers €175,000
- Small Craft Harbour €900,000
- Smooth Point Pier Development €2.5m
- Landing Pier Fendering €300,000
- Landing Pier Electrical Design/Works €190,000
- Boatyard investment €70,000