Denis Irwin promotions company nets tidy profit

Denis Irwin promotions company nets tidy profit

A UK promotions company co-owned by former Ireland and Manchester United player Denis Irwin has accumulated profits of almost £600,000 (€670,000) since it was set up in 2014, according to newly filed accounts.

DJI Promotions Limited recorded a profit of £172,946 during the year to the end of last September, leaving the company with current assets worth £680,122. Its total capital and reserves stood at £596,235.

Mr Irwin, who was capped 56 times for Ireland and played at the 1994 World Cup, owned 80% of the shares in DJI Promotions in 2015, according to company documents. His wife, Jacqueline owned the remaining 20%.

Meanwhile, new accounts for JWM Promotions Limited, which is owned by another former Ireland international Jason McAteer, show accumulated profits of £214,578 for the year to the end of last September.

The company made a profit of £65,830 during the year and had investment property on its balance sheet worth £151,494. The company also had a cash pile of £122,766.

Company documents, which describe Mr McAteer as a "match analyst", show that the former Liverpool and Bolton Wanderers midfielder owned two-thirds of the shares in 2015, while his wife Lucy owns the remaining stake.

Mr McAteer represented Ireland at two World Cups in 1994 and 2002, winning 52 caps for his country before his international retirement in 2004. He played for five clubs including Blackburn Rovers, Sunderland and Tranmere Rovers during a club career that spanned 15 years.

More on this topic

All aboard for a fun-filled family trip to France on the ferryAll aboard for a fun-filled family trip to France on the ferry

Reclamation proposal: Built on sandReclamation proposal: Built on sand

Brexit deadlock continues: Step forward Sir GalahadBrexit deadlock continues: Step forward Sir Galahad

Player ratings: Tipperary v Kilkenny All-Ireland 2019Player ratings: Tipperary v Kilkenny All-Ireland 2019

More in this Section

Tory Party chairman James Cleverly: Jamie Oliver’s restaurant collapse not about BrexitTory Party chairman James Cleverly: Jamie Oliver’s restaurant collapse not about Brexit

Cork-based delivery franchise seeks to tap online parcels surge     Cork-based delivery franchise seeks to tap online parcels surge

Elizabeth Warren is set to change US policies for business, even if she fails to secure tilt at presidencyElizabeth Warren is set to change US policies for business, even if she fails to secure tilt at presidency

Irish Whiskey wants to turn Brexit on its headIrish Whiskey wants to turn Brexit on its head


Lifestyle

Frits Potgieter is General Manager with Muckross Park Hotel and Spa.You've Been Served: Frits Potgieter, Muckross Park Hotel and Spa

More From The Irish Examiner