- Pope admits stealing dead confessor's rosary beads from casket
Pope Francis confessed that he stole the rosary cross of his late confessor from his casket and wears it to this day in a fabric pouch under his cassock.
- Authorities detect last signal from missing plane with 239 people on board
Vietnamese authorities said today they detected the last signal from a missing Malaysia Airlines flight off Vietnam's south-west coast over the South China Sea.
- Europe’s dinosaur king Torvosaurus unearthed
A new dinosaur species discovered in Portugal dominated the food chain 150 million years ago — the Tyrannosaurus rex of its time, researchers said.
- Hopes rise as second HIV baby virus-free
A baby treated for HIV within hours of birth is free of the virus nearly a year later, in the second case that has raised hopes about early treatment, doctors said.
- Severely disfigured rhino put down after having horn hacked off by poachers
A severely injured white rhino that had been wandering a national park for days after having its horn hacked off and a bullet lodged in its brain was put down by park rangers on Tuesday, according to South African media outlet News24.
- 14-year-old's ingenious poem bowls Twitter over
A cleverly constructed poem written by a 14-year-old American student has garnered near-universal acclaim on social media after being uploaded by the author's brother.
- 'Yes, my name is Satoshi Nakamoto, but I did not found Bitcoin'
The man Newsweek claims is the founder of Bitcoin denied he had anything to do with the digital currency.
- ‘Weeping Pistorius prayed: let her live’
As his girlfriend lay dying, a weeping, praying Oscar Pistorius knelt at her side and struggled in vain to help her breathe by holding two fingers in her clenched mouth, a witness told a South African court.
- Pistorius said everything was 'fine' to security guard
Oscar Pistorius told a concerned security guard on the phone that everything was "fine" after neighbours reported gunshots coming from his house the night he shot dead his girlfriend, his murder trial has heard.
- ‘Only a miracle’ can save Schumacher
Michael Schumacher's family have been told "only a miracle" can save the Formula One legend, according to reports.