- How Star Trek predicted the future
WHEN Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry first dreamed up the concept of a television show based in the unexplored universe of Outer Space in 1964, the world was a very different place.
- Perfume for summer: Let in the seasonal light
YOUR wardrobe isn't the only thing that needs updating once the barometer starts to rise.
- You’re not gay. You’re in a bromance.
Did you cry with your buddy while watching Fergie say farewell at Old Trafford?
- Inspiration of Donal Walsh revealed in essay before his death
Today, inspirational teenager Dónal Walsh will be buried. This is an essay he wrote about how he dealt with his two crushing cancer diagnoses
- Pro-life activists threaten to slit throat of TD
A Fine Gael TD has revealed that pro-life activists have threatened to slit her throat and burn down her house.
- ‘Love’ is a strong word to use, but it sums up my feeling for Munster
The latest addition to our stellar team of rugby writers reflects on the ups and downs of a magnificent playing career — and reveals the reasons why he's chosen to move to Paris to kick-start his coaching career.
- O’Sullivan reveals heartache behind West Cork divorce
It's a story familiar to GAA people all over the country. A stormy annual general meeting, members walking out, transfer applications handed in afterwards.
- I’m prepared to stay and fight for a bright future
More than 300,000 people have left Ireland in the past four years. Tempting as it is, Ruairí McKiernan is prepared to stay to help make the country a better place
- Inspirational teen Walsh passes away
Kerry teenager Donal Walsh has passed away after losing his battle with cancer.
- Dónal Walsh shouldn’t have had to endure such a poor health service
DÓNAL Walsh will be buried today having fought two battles in his short life — one with cancer and one with our health service.
- Dr Daniel McCartney: The 10 rules of dieting
IF THERE'S a season for dieting then it has to be summer.
- Cussen bags a brace as Cork come good in second half
Cork 5-14 Tipperary 0-24 The Cork senior hurlers bagged five goals on the way to a five-point win over Tipperary in a challenge match at Cloughduv last night.
- Teenage girl reported missing in Wexford
Gardaí in Wexford have appealed to the public to help trace a missing teenager this evening.