Pantone has declared ultraviolet the colour of the year for 2018. As it gets set to starts its purple reign over next year’s colour schemes, Esther N McCarthy shares some trend.
1. In a world of sharp edges, it’s good to appreciate cocoon-like Finnish design by Martela.We love this egg-shaped Koop chair, organic, inviting, soft... but as it’s the best part of €8,000, it stays firmly on the ’wish’ side of our list. It’s from here.
2. Amara are currently stocking this Ted Baker light purple mosaic rug, it’s €453 and would sit quite prettily in living rooms or bedrooms.
3. Shine a light on your purple pieces with this Pheobe glass stacked table lamp, €35.00 from Littlewoods.
4. Geometric Glass Lantern An easy way to indulge in the colour of the year is to add little accessories here and there.
Enter, the ultra violet purple geometric glass lantern, €10 from JD Williams Home.
5. Get funky with this Boogie Woogie bespoke-made luxury cushion. It’s made by Nichollette Yardley-Moore at Vintage Cushions using original vintage silks, isn’t it stunning? It’s €141.50 from here.
6. Kensington Dining Armchair purple The versatile Kensington dining purple armchair will add some regal charm to proceedings, I love that the fabric uses Aqua Clean Technology, guaranteeing easy stain removal, a must if you have little ones dining.
It’s €621, find out more here.
7. Add a pop of purple outdoors too with this pretty geisha garden parasol.
With flexible fibreglass ribs and a crank handle to make it easy peasy to erect, it’s a stunner. €89 here.
8. TK Maxx are always worth a punt if you’re looking for something colourful.
This floral cushion will tick the pantone box without letting the purple reign over your whole room. €39.99 and it’s all yours.
© Irish Examiner Ltd. All rights reserved