Want to discover the top bargain buy, and smartest skincare tricks? Beauty vlogger Bubzbeauty spills the beans.
IF you want to know about make-up, skincare, and products that’ll make you look and feel fantastic, ask a beauty vlogger.
Bubz — aka Lindy Tsang — launched her vlog Bubzbeauty almost a decade ago, when she couldn’t find a ‘real’ job. She now makes a very successful living out of it — as her 3m YouTube subscribers will tell you, not to mention her 814K Instagram and 262K Twitter followers.
The Northern Irish mum-of-one (with another on the way) is a big fan of Japanese products (because of their “quality control”) and Korean beauty trends, but mostly likes to keep things simple.
“Simple looks don’t go out of style,” says Bubz, 30.
“Make-up that’s too heavy can age you, so you want to look fresh-faced.”
Here are her top tips, insider secrets and make-up bag must-haves...
NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE IMPORTANCE OF CLEANSING
A lot of people don’t realise how important cleansing is. Spend a few minutes massaging your face with cleansing oil, before rinsing off.
Make sure it bubbles up and when you rinse, splash 12 to 15 times to really get rid of that residue.
* Origins Clean Energy Gentle Cleansing Oil, €30, Boots ( www.boots.ie )
USE ICE TO DE-PUFF
If you wake up puffy, dunk your face into iced water for 20 seconds and it makes all the difference. It reduces puffiness, tightens pores and wakes you up.
You can just use an ice cube or cold water if you prefer.
LIPSTICK, CONCEALER AND A BROW PENCIL ARE YOUR MOST IMPORTANT PRODUCTS
If your brows are done and skin looks nice, your make-up is 80% finished. And once you’ve got some lip colour on, it doesn’t matter how dark your dark under-eye circles are, the lips are all anyone will focus on.
* Colourpop Lippie Stix in Whip, €19.45 ( www.Amazon.co.uk )
* Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer, €30 Brown Thomas ( www.brownthomas.com )
MAKE YOUR OWN FACE MASK
I love sheet masks but I also like making my own. Nothing compares to mixing yoghurt and oatmeal together. It can solve any skin problem — acne, dryness, oiliness, dull skin, everything.
Just use natural yoghurt and oats.
FOR BUDGET BEAUTY, OPT FOR MAYBELLINE, L’OREAL AND SOAP & GLORY
Maybelline makes fantastic concealer — its technology has really stepped up a notch. L’Oreal and Revlon make great foundations and I really love Soap & Glory products, especially their mattifying powders.
* Maybelline Fit Me Concealer, €8.99, Boots ( www.boots.ie )
* L’Oreal Paris Infallible Total Cover Foundation, €13.99, Boots ( www.boots.ie )
* Soap & Glory One Heck Of A Blot Face Powder, €16, Boots, ( www.boots.ie )
IF YOU’RE SPLASHING OUT, YOU CAN’T GO WRONG WITH NARS, KIEHL’S AND YSL
Nars concealers and foundations have great coverage, YSL Touche Eclat gives you a spa-like finish and I’m a huge fan of Kiehl’s Daily Reviving Concentrate.
I tend to just use it at night. Everyone I’ve ever recommended it to has completely fallen in love with it. It’s quite pricey, but a little goes a long way.
* Nars Sheer Glow Foundation, €43, Brown Thomas ( www.brownthomas.com )
* YSL Touche Eclat, €31.50, Debenhams ( www.debenhams.ie )
* Kiehl’s Daily Reviving Concentrate, €39.60, Debenhams ( www.debenhams.ie )
FOR AN EYE CREAM THAT ACTUALLY WORKS, TRY CAUDALIE
I’ve just discovered Caudalie eye cream, which has really helped my dark circles and firmed up my skin.
* Caudalie Premier Cru The Eye Cream, €58.80 ( www.feelunique.com free p&p)
ALWAYS USE HIGHLIGHTER
I’m pregnant right now and people keep telling me I’ve ‘got the glow’, but it’s actually a highlighter by Make Up For Ever. I use it under my eyes and on my cheeks.
* Make Up For Ever Pro Light Fusion Highlighter, currently reduced to €33.30 from €37, Debenhams ( www.debenhams.ie )
USE KERASTASE RESISTANCE SERUM FOR LUCIOUS LOCKS
This serum makes your hair feel amazing and styling so much better. You can use it on wet or dry hair. It’s a lifesaver — especially on my hair, which has been dyed a few times.
* Kerastase Resistance Serum Therapiste, €18.95 ( www.lookfantastic.com free p&p)
DISCOVER PRODUCTS YOU CAN’T LIVE WITHOUT
For tools, I love the BeautyBlender. You can use it for your concealer, powder, blush, it’s great to travel with, and you can clean it and use it right away. I really love Benefit’s They’re Real mascara, too.
* BeautyBlender, €18.60 ( www.beautybay.com free p&p)
* Benefit They’re Real Lengthening Mascara, €23.40, Debenhams (debenhams.ie)
© Irish Examiner Ltd. All rights reserved