Cork businesses are being reminded to prepare for the second annual Digital Marketing Awards, which will take place in October.
Nnominations for the Cork Digital Marketing Awards 2015, in association with Cork Chamber Business School and BiznetCork Skillnet, will open on 10th August next.
Cork businesses will have the opportunity to showcase their innovative use of digital marketing and be recognised for their online engagement.
Winners of last year's inaugural event say that participating in the Cork Digital Marketing Awards can generate significant amounts of publicity amongst the business community, your peers and clients. It also provides a competitive advantage when seeking talent and customers.
"The awards gave a great boost to our marketing team and to the rest of the company," says Julia Lynes of Eazy City, the overall winner of the Cork Digital Marketing Awards.
"We always use the phrase ‘award winning’ now and it’s particularly useful when attracting talented new team members. The media coverage which came with winning the awards was excellent and it bolstered our place within the Cork business community."
CEO Cork Chamber, Conor Healy, expects the awards to be bigger and better this year.
"As the growth of Digital Marketing penetrates throughout the business community, we are delighted to bring this awards programme to the calendar again this year," Healy says.
"Over 300 companies entered in the inaugural year and we are confident that this will grow with the extension of the awards in 2015."
Nominations for Cork Digital Marketing Awards 2015 will open on 10th August 2015 at www.corkchamber.ie/training. Entry is free and open to all businesses in the region, closing date is 7th September.
Damien Mulley, Mulley Communications, digital trainer for the Cork Chamber Business School and organiser of the national Web Awards and the Social Media Awards will oversee the nomination and judging process.
The winners of the Cork Digital marketing Awards 2015 will be announced at a gala dinner in the Fota Island Resort on 29th October 2015 where KC, Programme Director of Red FM, will be MC for the event.
The award categories have been extended this year to include:
1. Best Digital Marketing by a sole-trader/start-up
2. Best Digital marketing by an SME
3. Best Digital marketing by a Corporate
4. Best Digital Marketing by an NGO/Charity
5. Best Digital Marketing using Mobile
6. Best use of Twitter for Business
7. Best use of Twitter for news & media
8. Best use of Facebook – company with 10 employees or less
9. Best use of Facebook - company with 10 - 20
10. Best use of Facebook – company with 20 employees or more
11. Best website – company with 10 employees or less
12. Best website – company with 10 – 20 employees
13. Best website – company with 20 employees or more
14. Best use of Video – produced by and for the Cork office
15. Best zero budget Digital Marketing campaign
16. Overall Prize – Grand Prix
© Irish Examiner Ltd. All rights reserved