- Northern Ireland's Westeros could be a Game of Thrones tourism goldmine
Game of Thrones could do for tourism in Northern Ireland what Lord Of The Rings has achieved for New Zealand.
- Size really does matter when it comes to men’s height
RAISED on fairytales in which tall, dashing princes gallop to the aid of maidens in distress, women assume the perfect date must tower above them — but suppose the guy who adores you is eyeball to your shoulder?
- How to transform your house space
Does your home ache for a makeover? Is a new extension the cure for your storage problems, or is it lack of light that's making you gloomy?
- 14-year-old's ingenious poem bowls Twitter over
A cleverly constructed poem written by a 14-year-old American student has garnered near-universal acclaim on social media after being uploaded by the author's brother.
- ‘Horrific’ messages found on late teen’s phone
A mother who suspects her teenage son's death by suicide is linked to cyberbullying told the coroner that she has found "horrific" and "threatening" messages on his phone.
- Our top 10 tips for saving water at home
The roll-out of water meters around the country is putting the focus on the looming charges, due next year. John Hearne offers tips for saving both water and money
- Revenue set sights on babysitting tax
First it was bin tax, then water tax and, now, even babysitting money is targeted for tax.
- Touring family of foxes get up close and personal at school
A family of foxes is on tour around schools in the South-East.
- Basic Pancake Batter and good things to serve with it
SHROVE Tuesday reminds us of pancakes, almost the world's most versatile recipe with a myriad of interpretations.
- Fishing authorities say super trawler banned from Australia can fish in Irish waters
Fishing authorities have moved to ease fears over the presence of the world's second largest trawler in Irish waters — the same vessel which has been banned by Australia from fishing in its waters.
- Pope admits stealing dead confessor's rosary beads from casket
Pope Francis confessed that he stole the rosary cross of his late confessor from his casket and wears it to this day in a fabric pouch under his cassock.
- Cork's most famous fishmonger invited to visit Queen
Cork's famous fishmonger Pat O'Connell has been invited to Buckingham Palace.
- Warning over wind turbine syndrome
One of the most senior doctors in the Department of Health has warned the Department of the Environment that people at risk of the controversial wind turbine syndrome should be treated "appropriately and sensitively as these symptoms can be debilitating".