Police find no trace of missing journalist on sunken submarine

Danish police said there was no trace of a missing Swedish journalist inside an amateur-built submarine that sunk off the Nordic country's eastern coast last week.

Copenhagen police spokesman Jens Moller Jensen said investigators uncovered no trace of 30-year-old freelance journalist Kim Wall in the UC3 Nautilus sub, which was raised and transported for investigation on Saturday.

Police will now continue to search for Wall in the waters near the island in Copenhagen's harbour where the sub's owner Peter Madsen allegedly dropped her off late Thursday.

Madsen made a last-minute escape from the sinking sub and has denied any responsibility for the fate of Wall. He was arrested on Friday on preliminary manslaughter charges.

Mr Moller Jensen said there are indications that the Danish inventor deliberately sank his submarine.

AP


Email Updates

Receive our lunchtime briefing straight to your inbox

More in this Section

Council leader vows to do 'whatever it takes' for Grenfell Tower blaze survivors

Call for apology after Syrian refugee released following 'terror' arrest

Farmers blocking Champs-Elysees in Paris protest

Pakistan blames India after villagers killed in shelling


Lifestyle

House cleaning for dummies

Getting clean and lean: James Duigan on the simplicity of changing your food habits

Ask Audrey: You’re 9 on the Crazy Scale, where 1 is sane and 10 is flying with Ryanair

Get out and enjoy: What's on offer for Culture Night?

More From The Irish Examiner