It has emerged that a man and a woman found dead in a flat on the North Circular Road died from the cold.
The bodies of John Glennon and Debbie McEvoy were discovered at the Drumalee Court complex for senior citizens.
Their bodies were found huddled together in the senior citizens flat in Drumalee Court.
Carbon monoxide poisoning was initially suspected, but a post mortem today has revealed the pair died from hypothermia along with underlying medical issues.
Relatives said Mr Glennon was last seen on Saturday.
Temperatures on Sunday in Dublin recently dipped as low as -2C.
Dublin City Council owns the flats. An investigation has been launched.
More in this section