Wilde and Sudeikis get engaged

Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis are "so excited" after getting engaged.

The 37-year-old 'Saturday Night Live' funnyman proposed to the 28-year-old 'Tron" Legacy' actress shortly after the holidays after just over a year of dating.

A source close to the besotted couple confirmed the news to People.com, saying: "They are so excited. And very, very happy."

A spokesperson for the actress also confirmed the news.

The pair began dating in November 2011 and moved in together last year, with the brunette beauty admitting she fell "blissfully, hopelessly, wildly in love."

Rumours first began swirling that the couple were secretly engaged in early December.

A source previously said: "Everyone in town is buzzing about the wedding. They have already booked the venue and are in the process of finalizing the rest of the details.

"Jason is a hometown boy at heart, and he is super close to his family and all his friends there. It has always been his dream to get married back in Kansas City."

Olivia split from her first husband eight years, Tao Ruspoli, in February 2011 and had a few brief flings before settling down with Jason.

After a few months of dating, things got serious and she recently put her $2.5m Los Angeles home on the market so that she could move in with Jason in New York City, where his show is filmed.

A source said: "Olivia is so over commuting back and forth between LA and New York. At first she was worried that if she left the West Coast the acting offers would dry up. But these days she is more focused on her relationship than her career. She's all about what's best for them as a couple and that means living in NYC."


More in this Section

Oscar winner Lupita Nyong’o accuses Harvey Weinstein of harassment

Harvey Weinstein accused of rape by actress in LA as police investigations spread

Quentin Tarantino regrets not acting on Harvey Weinstein allegations years earlier

Weinstein Company staff publish letter against ‘monster’ former boss


Lifestyle

Facing fears while terrifying punters at Cork's Nightmare Realm

Weathering the storm of 1961: We watched 30 large trees uprooted

Remembering the dead: Poignant reason behind Cork’s Zombie Walk

More From The Irish Examiner