Tony Blackburn – who claimed he was a “scapegoat” after being taken off air following the Dame Janet Smith review into sexual abuse at the BBC – will return to Radio 2 next year, the corporation has announced.
The BBC said it stood by the findings of the review and the decision to take Tony off air at the start of this year.
The 73-year-old previously said he was made a scapegoat by the BBC and strenuously denied suggestions that he “seduced” Claire McAlpine after inviting her back to his flat following a recording of Top Of The Pops in the 1970s.
The girl later killed herself.
Thank you for all your lovely messages xx— Tony Blackburn (@tonyblackburn) October 19, 2016
Tony said: “I do not seek to criticise the BBC for decisions it has made in the past.
“I have had a difficult year personally, but I’m pleased to be returning to the BBC and can’t wait to get behind the mic again.”