Ford 'open to Star Wars return'

Harrison Ford is said to be "open" to the idea of returning to the 'Star Wars' franchise.

The 70-year-old actor - who played Han Solo in the first three movies of the sci-fi franchise from 1977 to 1983 - would consider reprising his role in the recently-announced 2015 sequel, to be created by Disney.

A source told Entertainment Weekly: "Harrison is open to the idea of doing the movie and he's upbeat about it, all three of them [Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher] are."

However, Harrison has previously expressed disdain for the character, saying he did not find him particularly interesting.

He said: "As a character, he was not so interesting to me."

Disney purchased Lucasfilm, the company behind the movie series - helmed by George Lucas - last month, and has revealed plans for at least three more films following on from 2005's 'Revenge Of The Sith'.

George said: "For the past 35 years, one of my greatest pleasures has been to see Star Wars passed from one generation to the next," Mr Lucas said.

"I've always believed that Star Wars could live beyond me, and I thought it was important to set up the transition during my lifetime."

Email Updates

Receive our lunchtime briefing straight to your inbox

More in this Section

Britain's Got Talent Susan Boyle attacked by gang of teens

16 weird things spotted at Glastonbury that have nothing to do with music

Big Brother contestant busts out of house… then makes quiet return

Foo Fighters close Saturday at Glastonbury with epic set


Lifestyle

Move over, David Gandy — there’s a new crew of Irish men making their mark on the catwalk

The benefit of sport is more than just winning

Dublin Cookie Co is cooking up a business

Ask Audrey: I tried tantric sex with my yoga instructor once and we managed 47 minutes before the bus arrived at Parnell Place

More From The Irish Examiner